Monday, January 20, 2014

Patricia's Birthday Party

During the Christmas holidays, I received a surprize email from Michelle Phillips from her home in London England, inviting me to attend her older sister's  surprize birthday party to be held in Calgary at the Angel and Ox restaurant on 17th avenue southwest.  Thirty years ago, I was the private tutor to these two girls when one was 18 and the other was 13.  I tutored the girls on their private estate in Springbank. I also took the girls to their skating lessons at the Glencoe club where I learned about the elements of figure skating. I also recall driving Michelle to Sunshine to go skiing. Michelle took me to the top of the black diamond run for my first attempt at downhill skiing that was one of the most horrifying experiences of my life since it was my first time on downhill skis.  How time flies. One of the girls is turning fifty and she now has a 17 year old daughter and the other sister has a nine year old daughter. The two girls I tutored thirty years ago are still the same nice effervescent and high spirited girls who are now successful business entrepreneurs.  The birthday party at the Angel and Ox was held in the private room with unlimited bottles of chilled wine being served,  plates of tapas circulated the room with waiters explaining the nature of the appetizers . The signature entrĂ©e was the paella.  It was a great evening of meeting the friends of the two girls. I was introduced to everyone by their mother as the girls' high school tutor much to the surprise of the guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment