Monday, July 21, 2014

Fishing at Eagle Lake June 12

I have not posted for awhile, as I have been gardening, tutoring and experimenting with watering systems for growing tomatoes. On July 12, it was free fishing in Alberta without a license. Camilla, the wife of my cousin Chris Lee wanted to go fishing. I asked my good friend Doug Grey if he would take us fishing in his boat.  So we went to Eagle Lake which is a one hour drive east of Calgary. Eagle Lake has a nice campground, swimming area, boat launch , picnic area and a general store and even mini-golf.  We put the boat in the water around 10:00 am and fished until 4:00 pm . Using a fish finder to locate the fish we trolled using "Rattling rapella" fish lures.  We managed to catch 10 pike but released most back into the lake and just kept a couple to eat for supper. Doug filleted out the two fish.   I wore my Chinese straw rice paddie hat that I brought back from China much to Doug's chagrin.   The coolie hat is the ideal hat to wear on a hot summer's day because it acts like an umbrella and provides a complete shadow that covers your shoulders and so there is no sunburn or heat stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment