Thursday, July 31, 2014

Self Watering Systems For Tomatoes

I have been experimenting with growing tomatoes by using different watering systems and have come up with six different watering systems. The six watering systems are as follows:
1. Chicken Feeder Watering system
2.  Toilette float watering system
3. Bucket watering system
4. Individual container pot
5. Bucket in bucket watering system
6.  Buried Soaker hose from a bucket

I began by starting my own tomato seedlings in  April and May and placed these plants into different containers outside by June 15. It is now July 30 and I have some green tomatoes the size of my fist. I have planted different varieties of tomatoes:  Tom Thumb, Cherry Roma, Manitoba, Early Girl, Giant Dotto and Beefsteak.  I even started some tomatoes from cuttings from a tomato, I wintered over from last year.








No comments:

Post a Comment