Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 24 Horticulture Class I was given horticulture to teach in the second semester. We have a greenhouse at the school. I have the students plant seedlings for annual plants and a large selection of snake, and spider plants we have propagated from cuttings. We will have our spring plant sale on June 2. I also teach flower arrangements and floral design. On Thursday, I had Lea Romanowski a professional florist and instructor from Mount Royal University give my class a demonstration on how to make corsages and boutineres. We also have a commercial chiller in my lab so I am able to order wholesale flowers and make flower arrangements for resale. The class is a real hands on course that shows the students how to run a floral business and the related fields of agriculture that includes turf management and field crops. Another project we are doing is cultivating flower gardens and vegetable gardens in the enclosed school courtyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment