Wednesday, February 24, 2016

My New Projects

It has been several months since I last blogged an item. I have become involved in several projects such doing a corporate video for Suncor in November of 2015 and then the oil patch crumbled so thus ended future projects.  I have become a Buddhist and a follower of the Pai Yuin True Buddha school who recognizes Sheng Len Lu as the true living Buddha.  The Buddhism that I follow is the tantric Buddhism that  follows a lineage of Padamakura. I am also on the Winston Heights community garden committee that created 52 organic gardening beds in the community centre. I am also a director on the Calgary Lees' Association and hoping to help revitalize the 100 year old benevolent association that still exists in Calgary's Chinatown. I have also been tutoring Buddhist monks in reading, writing and speaking English that will assist them in communication Buddhism in the English language. I have also joined a community group called the Elder Service corps dedicated to forming community projects to give back community service to the community. I still maintain my greenhouse that has expanded to include tropical fish, orchids, house plants and growing bedding plants for the summer. I have one of the few greenhouses that have fig trees that produce figs.


No comments:

Post a Comment